Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Family and friends

Wow! What a week. I guess the biggest news is that Kelvin got baptized this Saturday! Elder Standage did the baptizing. Kelvin was pretty excited. We saw him every day this week just to make sure he was ready. It was good to be able to see him and his excitement to get baptized. When he was getting into the font, he actually slipped down the stairs. It was super funny! Anyways, I'm grateful that I got to be a part of kelvin's baptism. He is the first in a large family to be baptized a member of the church and we look forward to teaching the rest of the family. I think they will have a better understanding of our purpose as missionaries once Kelvin can bare testimony of how it felt to be baptized. Hopefully they felt the Spirit during his baptism and they will come around. We plan on seeing Kelvin throughout the week and his family as well. He is a super great kid and we love him a lot. I will send another email with some pictures as well!
Other than that life has just been really good. we didn't see too many other people this week. We really focused on Kelvin and helping him make it to his baptism date. James, another one of our previous investigators who is a tailor will be baptized this coming week into the Beaver Creek ward and Elder Standage was asked to baptize him. So he will do that as well. I have a strong testimony of baptism. I know that it is something everyone needs to do in order to make it back to our Father in Heaven. I'm grateful that we are part of a church that has restored truths such as baptism for the dead where everyone can take part in those ordinances. And everyone has a chance and opportunity to hear the gospel. This week was great. I love you all so much. Thanks so much for all that you do. I love you a ton and appreciate all the kind words. I love you all so much!
Elder Caleb James Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment